Lifestyle: Eat and fill up.
Are you confused what to do with leftover parotta? Or Wanna try restaurant style chilli parotta in home?
That’s really great! You have reached right place.
After eating chilli parotta in restaurant, you always wanted to eat often. But we cannot always visit restaurant to have chilli parotta, right?
Then what is the solution for this?
Read this blog till the end to learn how to make delicious chilli parottas at home by yourself.
Make sure to subscribe my blog to get notified on my upcoming recipes.
mouth craving chilli parotta
Chilli parotta is a favorite at many restaurants across India, especially South India. It is made up of plain small sliced parotta pieces mixed with sauted onions, tomatoes and chilli powder. It is garnished with coriander leaves or spring onions. This dish is often served with raita in restaurants. It is becoming very popular in Pakistan and served as breakfast and dinner.
1/2 bell pepper/ capsicum
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
2 tsp chopped ginger
2 tsp chopped garlic
5 green chillies
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp coriander masala powder
1 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
2 tbsp oil
Few curry leaves
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tbsp water
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cook time : 10 mins
servings: 4 plates
Course: Indian Street food
Cuisine : Tamilnadu
To make parotta at your home, it is very easy.A step by step guide for making parotta | kerala paratha recipe|Malabar paratha recipe.
1. Cut the parotta into medium rectangular shape.
Chopped Parotta pieces
2) Heat the pan and add oil. After a minute, add mustard seeds, finely chopped ginger, garlic, curry leaves or else you can use ginger garlic paste.
3) Add 5 green chillies, curry leaves and onion. Don’t chop onion finely. Chop it on medium size then only you can taste those crunchy flavour.
4) Add salt to taste.
5) After onion is cooked well, add 1/2 bell peppers or capsicum and roast it for 2 minutes.
6) Add 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder and saute it well.
7) To get sour flavour, add 2 tsp tomato sauce and 1 tbsp chilli sauce and 1 tsp soy sauce. Add little amount of water and mix it well.
8) Now add chopped parotta pieces. Mix it well and cook until parottas get the nice caramelization.
9) Finally, Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it hot.
• You can deep fry the pieces of parotta to make it more crispy.
• Adjust the amount of chilli according to your taste.
• If you like you can add chilli sauce instead of chilli powder.
• You can add a pinch of black pepper powder for extra spice.
• Same recipe can be made into chilli egg parotta. Add 2 eggs with a pinch of salt.
• You can also add spring onion instead of coriander. Just chop spring onion into tiny pieces.
• You can add a tsp of lemon juice for more taste.
• Use kashmiri chilli powder for bright red color.
Don’t forget to tag me in Instagram after you tried this recipe.
Thank you !
Sharing is caring! So share this with your friends too !
You must log in to post a comment.