|ITALIAN||UP TO 30 MINUTES||4 PERSONS|
How to cook Panna Сotta at home? This light Italian dessert, amazingly delicate and soft, can be prepared at home more deliciously than in a restaurant. Panna Cotta is served in small portions with fruit, chocolate or caramel sauces. You can add pieces of fruit or berries to it. The traditional Italian Panna Cotta is white, because it almost entirely consists of cream – and this is the secret to the tender charm of this pudding!
Cooking Tips Panna Cotta
- If you do not have sheet gelatin, then take the same grams of powder, but soak in the amount of water 1: 6 (for 7 g of gelatin – 42 g of water). And let it swell for about 30 minutes.
You can also use a whole vanilla pod, then the taste of the dessert will become truly Italian!
- During cooking, it is important not to bring the cream to a boil, but only heat it, otherwise the dessert will be spoiled.
|Cream 33-35%||350 g|
|Milk 3.2%||150 ml|
|Vanilla extract or vanilla sugar||1 teaspoon|
|Sheet gelatin||4 pcs. (7 g)|
|For berry sauce:|
|Berries (raspberries, blueberries)||150 g|
|Corn starch||5 g|
- Soak gelatin leaves in cold water for a couple of minutes.
- Mix cream, milk, sugar and vanilla sugar in a saucepan, heat to 80 degrees, but do not boil. Remove from fire.
- Drain excess water from gelatin. One by one add the sheets of gelatin to the cream and mix until dissolved.
- Pour the cream into molds (4 pcs. 140 g each), cool in the fridge for several hours until it hardens.
- Prepare berry sauce: mix the berries with sugar, bring to a boil. Mix the starch with water and pour in the berries, stir and boil for 1-2 minutes, the sauce will thicken. Strain the sauce to get rid of the seeds. Cool.
- Lower the chilled panna cotta for 8-10 seconds in hot water, then draw a sharp knife along the edge of the tin, turn it on a plate and carefully remove the panna cotta.
- Pour sauce and garnish with berries.
The most delicate Italian dessert made of cream, sugar and vanilla in addition to berry sauce and fresh berries will make better your day!