Cigar news : Second time around
Make no mistake about it, this is a power laden smoke with a potential to knock you on your ass. Olmec Maduro wants to own you and if you are not up to the task, I suggest don’t try this smoke.
If I did not scare you away, this is one of those cigars that you will beg for more. This is my second time I have smoked the Maduro which I purchased at the Lone Wolf Cigar Lounge on a very wet and wild Los Angeles day.
1. Box pressed with a deep , dark brown wrapper, solid construction, oily to the touch , some slight imperfections but not really an issue.
2. Right from the first puff, the mix of spice, espresso coffee with a background of cashews was full of flavor.
3. As mentioned this is a powerful smoke so you need to take your time indulging and savoring every puff. You cannot rush this baby.
4. As I smoked on, I also received some nutmeg and a taste of other spices which I could not quite describe.
5. You need to eat before you puff away. I made this mistake and suffered a nicotine rush . That was on me. Can’t blame the cigar for that.
6. No construction issues with relights, tunneling or uneven burn.
7. This cigar is a good one to have on an occasional session, too powerful for an everyday smoke.
8. The numbers: Construction : 4 out of 5, Flavor: 4.0 out of 5, Smoking Characteristics: 4.0 out of 5.
9. Final tab: 4.0 out of 5 . This is a cigar for purchase.
You must log in to post a comment.