Cigar news: Looking forward to baseball
I am footballed out even though I am not a fanatical fan of the gridiron. It was disappointing the Patriots lost but I was not overwhelmed with angst. The Eagles were the better team for the Super Bowl Fifty two. Having watched most of the game at the Lone Wolf Cigar Lounge , the crowd at the lounge was almost non-existent. There are several reasons for the low turnout but these are my observations for the football denizens.
- The season is so damn long I could not maintain interest.
- Too much hoopla about the bowl, players and the negative focus on the big, bad Patriots.
- The rules are too complex. When is a catch a catch? When the ball hits the ground is it a legal catch? Too much instant replay without a clear-cut decision.
- The hooligans/fans and the violence of the game is a total turn off.
- Really do not care about the half time show.
- Big deal , a commercial is still a commercial trying to sell you a product.
- The announcers talk too much.
- Overkill of using Medal of Honor winners to pitch patriotism. It demeans the men and the award.
- Pre game hoopla, give it a break.
- Smoking a cigar is more fun and enjoyable than the game.